I got an amazing new camera for christmas it is the Sony DSC-H400 and I have been trying my hand at some photogprahy, thought id share some of my favourites !
So on January 29th I started my weightloss journey and I’m now 5-6 weeks in. I have lost 16lbs overall , 4inches off of my waist , 3 of hips and 2 off of chest. And I couldn’t be happier!
So what started this whole thing was my happiness, How can I be happy when I’m not taking my health seriously ? I am a type 2 diabetic and that’s down to my weight and eating habits, and I know that if I lose the weight then I could reserve the diabetes and no longer have it! What more of an insentive do I need ? And if my clothes fit a bit better and my skin is a healither then I’m all for it !
I have been on so many ‘healthy eating diets ‘ and working out but it never worked for me in the past until now. I have downloaded the app My Fitness Pal and it is amazing ! I am able to track my Calories, and my macros and also track how much exercise I’m getting in and also my water intake. It has been a massive help for me as it gives me my daily calorie allowance, and I input what food I’m eating and it works everything out for me !
Exercise wise I have gone ant got myself a personal trainer ! I work with her once a week and she works be to the bone ! I am nearly passing out as I leave the studio , and I’m in pain for days afterwards ha! But the pain is good and all worth it in the long run. I also try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and if I can’t make the gym I workout at home, or I go for a walk/jog down the beach, I’m always trying to do something.
I have such a long way to go, but it’s going to take time and I’m in it for the long haul ! This is just the beginning, I will be posting weekly updates , workout routines , what I eat in a week and any tips and tricks I find useful myself ! Stay tuned!
I know I can’t be the only one that often thinks about what they would do differently if they could go back to when they were younger. All the things you would have done differently, and it eats are you sometimes,because who knows where you be now, if only you’d changed thungs, or could tell yourself something that you know now.
1) Keep dancing ! When I was younger I loved to dance and know I needed to take more classes and get fit, but I told myself I wasn’t good enough, so I stopped. I’ve regretted it ever since.
2) Get fit and healthy while your still young! I am only 22, but I’m 250lbs, type 2 diabetic and unfit. And if only I had started taking my health seriously when I was 16-17, I wouldn’t be on my weight loss journey now, I wouldn’t have gotten type 2 diabetes and I would weigh a healthy amount. My weight has always been an issue, and I have never taken it seriously until this year , and I’ve lost over a stone so in 5 weeks which for me is great!
3) Be confident! Don’t let your size hold you back!
4) Dont out your life on hold for a man. Since I was 16 I’ve been with my partner, and at times I have done/ not done things for him and because of him. I need independence.
5) Be kind to your friends, you never know what you’ve got till it’s gone….
6) Go traveling asap!! Don’t start your adult life straight away, take time out for you.
7) Think things trough, some things need more time to think about, don’t rush in.
8) Try new things, don’t be afraid to experiment, if you want to do something just do it.
9) Don’t do things that are easy, the things that push you and that are hard are usually worth more.
10) Love yourself, I am begging you, this is what your life has been missing, do this and I promise you will for happiness.
So this month we have our first Monthly Favorites Blog post !
1) TRESemmé Perfectly (un)done Wave Creation Sea Foam
I am obsessed with this ! I use it every single time I wash my hair, and the reason I am obsessed with this product is because it gives you wave and texture in your hair, but its not sticky or thick. It cuts down my styling time like crazy, I usually just let my hair air dry and I love how it looks, I can then come in with a curling wand and touch things up, it makes my hair styling life so much easier its unreal! On the tin it says for soft, defined waves, and its exactly what you get, your hair wont feel hard, or crunchy or sticky, your hair is still soft and its my new favorite hair product ! 10/10
This is one that I use daily, if I don’t want to sit and fuss with a pencil or a gel. I just sketch it on my brows and fill in the blanks and it looks incredibly natural. Its for more of a daytime look rather than evening, and it completely blends with your natural colour and gives it an effortless look. Ive been using it a while now, and I couldn’t praise it any higher !
3)BOBBI BROWN Foundation Stick, Warm Honey 5.5
Love love love this product. Its slightly dewy,so if you have dry skin then this would suit you more. The coverage is amazing, it has more of a medium to full coverage, but you can also build on top of it,so I can use it in areas such as under my eyes to conceal it more, or if I want to conceal blemishes or other areas. I use a buffing brush by Real Techniques to give it an airbrushed finish.
4)Gucci Guilty for Women
Top note: Mandarin, Pink pepper
Middle note: Lilac, geranium, peach
Base: Patchouli, amber
I personally find it to have an elegant fragrance, and its extremely feminine and you can wear it day or night. It is at the higher end of the price bracket , but its worth the money. You don’t need to use a lot of the product, therefore it lasts for ages !
5) The Walking Dead
Now I know this isnt a beauty or fashion product, but I just get enough of this show ! I always heard about this show but wasn’t sure if it was my thing, so early last year I decided to try it, not knowing that this would soon consume my life ! I mean I binge watched this like crazy, im a sucker for zombie films or shows anyway, and if that wasn’t enough the captivating story draws you in and I couldn’t not, not mention Mr NORMAN REEDUS !! Mr Darrell Dixon, damn , the rugged bad boy, with a troubled past, a soft center , but a hard exterior I just want to crack ! But now we’re on season 5 wow, I have waited a long time for this. For me its started of pretty slow, not going anywhere etc, but now they’re in Alexandria, and I do not trust any one living there, there is something fishy going on, and my man Darrell knows it !
Would love to know if you’ve tried these products and what you thought !
Please feel free to comment 🙂